You'd like to grow tomatoes but you're short on space ? Then this unusual growing method is for you !
It's proven to be very effective and if done properly can greatly increase the amount of tomatoes you can grow in a limited space.
Here is how to proceed :
- Buy five gallon plastic buckets. They are easy to find in local stores.
- Cut a three inch hole in the bottom center.Then drill two1/4” holes several inches down from the top edge of the bucket. These are for the chord that will hold the bucket up.
- Place several layers of newspaper in the bottom of the bucket and fill about half way with quality soil mix.
- Cut a length of 3/16” nylon cord about 4' long and run it through the two holes you drilled in the bucket sides. This will be the support.
- Now lay the bucket on its side and cut a slit in the newspaper through the hole in the bottom of the bucket.
- Remove the tomato plant carefully from its container and insert between the slit into the bucket. The newspaper will help retain the soil until the plant is established.
- When the plant is securely in place you can hang the bucket and fill the rest of it with soil.
- Once the plant gets established you will need to water at least once a day, twice if it's extremely hot and dry. A water soluble fertilizer can be applied approximately every two weeks during the growing season.
- Scalloped edge planter top attractive design
- New Design
Updated on 2017-01-20 - Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.