Garden lovers and discriminating travelers will relish this armchair tour of the most beautiful and interesting gardens around the world. Succinct descriptions with stunning color photos showcase the creations of the world’s outstanding landscape gardeners, architects, and garden designers. From Spain’s famous gardens of the Moorish Alhambra at Granada to San Diego’s Healing Garden, created for patients at the San Diego Children’s Hospital, this lavishly illustrated guide will delight both lovers of natural beauty and hands-on gardeners. Among the many gardens pictured and described in this beautiful volume are―
- In the United States and Canada: Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, Boscobel in New York’s Hudson Valley, Williamsburg Gardens in Virginia, Magnolia Plantation and its Gardens near Charleston, South Carolina, Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin in Wisconsin, the Toronto Botanical Garden, Pacific Undersea Gardens in Victoria, British Columbia, and many more. . .
- In England: The Japanese Garden in London’s Holland Park, the Royal Botanic Gardens in Kew, Shakespeare’s Garden in Stratford, London’s Victoria and Albert Museum Gardens, and many more. . .
- In France: The Gardens of Versailles outside Paris, the Garden of Claude Monet at Giverney, Chateau de Vauville in Cherbourg, and many more. . .
- The rest of the world: Boboli Gardens in Florence, Italy, Potsdam Gardens near Berlin, Germany, the Taj Mahal in Agra, India, the Golden Pavilion in Kyoto, Japan, and hundreds more.
In addition to photos and a textual description, each entry cites special features such as fountains and architecture, the garden’s size in acres, and the names of the garden’s designers. The garden descriptions are organized geographically by country. More than 800 breathtaking color photos and illustrations.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Publisher: Barron's Educational Series
- Edition no. 1 (02/01/2007)